How do i care for my knife?
1. Never ever put our knives in the dishwasher.
2. Use a light detergent when washing your knife, preferably with a sponge. do not use any strong chemical solutions.
3. Wiping off is always better than rubbing. do not soak your knife in water.
4. Keep your knife dry when not in use. drying well after cleaning is very important, especially in those hard to reach places.
5. If you won’t be using your knives for a while, oil the blade and handle with mineral or camellia oil. Just a few drops on a piece of fabric will do the job. If you have time to do so more often, please do. Linseed or Mineral oil is highly recommended for handles that contain wood or leather.
6. We recommend sharpening with whetstones or a water cooled stone sharpening system. We use the Tormek sharpening system, which is also available to purchase through us.
7. Use a steel/ceramic honing rod to align the edges and prolong the time between sharpening sessions.
Finally, sharpening our knives is free for life. You are welcome to arrange for your knife to be delivered to us for a tune-up, we only ask you get in touch beforehand.
TORMEK SHARPENING SYSTEM
The Tormek knife jigs enable you to restore the knife blade to its original and optimal edge angle. You do not just sharpen or hone at the very tip of the edge, which only temporarily increase the sharpness – you create an even, durable bevel along the full knife blade.
In this sharpening class, Wolfgang and Sèbastian from Tormek talk about different techniques for knife sharpening. You get to see the sharpening of a regular kitchen knife, a filleting knife and a skinner knife with a big belly. They also answer the most common questions and give their own tips and recommendations.